Saturday 9 November 2013

That God...

I have always found the concept of God very intriguing (NOTE: The concept of God, not religion). From the beginning and till today its always the God, Friend, or the Beloved (whatever soothes) that I have given my attention. This whole idea ofsomeone being there, some kind of mystical source of energy governing and ruling over people and the entire world, is just fascinating. I believe that this God of ours or this soul of theUniverse is a huge ball of glowing light that's stretched till eternity. I know a lot of people draw a mental image of idols when referring to God but to me, this balls comes into life. It's always glowing. Always radiating bright white light in the dark background. Always lighting ME. The famous 13th century sufi saint Rumi, or Jalaluddin Rumi said:
I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but He was not there;
I went to the temple of the Hindus and to the old pagodas,
but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere…
I searced on the mountains and in the valleys but neither in the
heights nor in the depths was I able to find Him.
I went to the Ka’bah in Mecca, but He was not there either…
I questioned the scholars and philosophers but He was beyond their
understanding…
Then I looked into my heart and it was there where
He dwelled that I saw Him,
He was nowhere else to be found.

(Isn't it beautiful?)

Now, the question arises, how can I believe in HIM when I haven't even seen or sensed HIM?
-Don't. Just don't force yourself. There are moments when you'll feel that its not you who's doing this particular Action; there are times when you'll do something that's beyond your natural reflex; there are instances when people do things they didn't mean to or were thinking but that would change the situation entirely. But then you do, or rather your body does. That's the time your 'soul' takes over, and souls feed on the energy of the Beloved. Know this time, you're being guided by your God.

Another question that would come to your mind would be, Apoorva did you have a chillum next to you smoking bong when you wrote this?
-Erm, no. I just get these answers when I want them (Yes, I am human) I spend a lot of time by myself, and that time i intospect. I have this little voice inside me (everyone has it) who is very wise, smart, intelligent and calm. And supporting too. I remember one night when I was crying and thinking about this big issue that I was in, this voice asked me to shut up (quietly and politely) and stop whining about the situation. It just said don't whine about it. Which was wise, because crying was taking me no where.
Suggestion: Try seeking that voice by talking to yourself. Its not abnormal, and very helpful. (No one knows you better that you yourself.)

Next you would think, what after finding my God? What's the
next step?
-That’s not upto me to decide. It's you. Everyone seeks something different, everyone has some other purpose. Mine is to travel, and I don't know what is yours...so how can I tell you what to do! It's always you and your personal decisions. BELIEVE in your God, believe that he'll never do anything wrong that can possibly damage your soul. When he puts you in a situation, he wants you to
be stronger.

How do I know? I don't. I just Believe.

-a





No comments:

Post a Comment