Saturday 9 November 2013

What I think about Music

I don't know how to write this (I honestly have no clue) but
because I promised myself I would, so here is this note. Now, I made a list of things I want to write about;
Spiritualism. I am always writing about it
Soda. Soda? I don't even like soda
Fruit juice. Seriously?
FBI. I don't even know why I considered that
Comediens. I should think about it later. Maybe next year.
Maybe...I don't know
Vegans. Oh, I am a vegan, but no!
Music. I can write about that. (By the way, here's the link to my
youtube channel www.youtube.com/channel/UCdFZ-
FT3mk9KYNCZWeLRmVA )
Friends. Ugh, later!
Chocolate. That happens to be my favorite subject, but since I
haven't moved on from snikers, dairy milk and twix, so later!
Cowboys. Stop it already!

Music. I know music. I think I know music. But, so does everyone
else. I don't know my genre (frankly speaking), so you must be
thinking it's pretty stupid of me to write about this or maybe
thinking of suggesting me some song. But hey, music is not always
a song or genre. My parents say I was humming show tunes when I
was 2 (if that's even possible), and I was dancing to my own tune
(Now? I'm a shy pig) I think music is so much more than the rote
learning of lyrics, is beyond what we have as a fixed defination in
our head. I know a friend telling me that your music is when you
get goosebumps listening to it. Right. And wrong, at the same
time. I don't think we choose our music, I think that the music
chooses us. Is this getting weird? I can imagine people making a
face to this. Re-read it, please.
Music hits you, it does. It has always hit me. It's not always the
singer, it's not always the tune (though they are the part of the
process). It is the empty space that gives you time to think, to
understand what you have never thought of before. Its that time
when you absorb those empty space in yourself, and what you do
next is what you shouldn't be doing. You impatiently wait for the
words. Why are you waiting for words? I'll tell you why, because
you are trying to justify yourself, because it is a harmonious way
to justify yourself. I know this might be confusing, even hard to
believe, but that's as far as I have understood. Music is addiction
too, and you know why? Because of words. How sad is that! Empty
space makes life, empty space makes you and your music. You
learn. You apply. You grow. But you forget. What music is doing is
trying to soothe you, trying to chill that nerve of yours, trying to
make you understand more when you are understanding nothing at
all. You still don't understand because you're stuck to those
addictive words, because you are surrendering yourself to the
charm of the musician. But one day, hopefully soon, you'll rise
above it, and you will understand. Then you'll listen even closer,
and you'll find music every where. You'll be amazed by listening to
the music of the wind, the fluttering wings of a beetle, of a bee's
humms, and even of the thunder in the clouds. One day, even I
will understand it all too good to never forget it.

-a

No comments:

Post a Comment